Sunday, August 12, 2012

Radiating Spirit



Oh my!  It's been so long since I've had the opportunity to stop in and share.  Summer has proven to be quite the inteceptor of Peace!  Nevertheless, I have done what I can to retain a few moments each day for my magickal workings, and I look forward to being a more counted on companion as the Summer days slowly wane and the Fall days move in with ease and anticipation. 

As most of you know, I am quite the homebody, and I greet my day to day chores with perfect contentment.  It occurred to me, however, that some of you may be needing a little magickal inspiration in this area of your life, as it's easy to be overwhelmed with the tasks at hand.  Being that the magickal focus of each day is so important to me in terms of connecting with the Goddess and her energy, I have found that dividing the weekly chores up based on their Association of Intent has proven to put a positive spin on what we may deem obligatory.  Therefore, my hope for this week is to take the time each day to share with you how I move about my home and get the job done.  

Sundays have always been thought of as the day of rest, but for me, they have also been thought of as the Day of Spirit.  The color associated with this day is Yellow, which reminds us to connect with the energy of the Radiating Sun and Radiating Spirit.  Therefore, Sundays are the perfect day to accomplish those tasks that help you feel warm and comforted.  Washing all the bed linens is perfect for this day, as slipping into fresh sheets the night before a busy week makes the transition into Monday much easier.  I find that adding a drop or two of lavender oil to the wash once the cycle begins is a nice little touch, and I always have a sachet filled with dry lavender handy next to the dryer.  Today is also a great day to check on your dream pillows, making sure that there are no tears and that there is still enough of a scent radiating from them to lend itself to the Prophecy of Dreams.

Since a hearty family dinner is always on Sunday's agenda, I find it the perfect time to multitask cleaning the kitchen windows.  Clearing away the grime and letting the sun shine through them a little brighter has always helped keep my mood uplifted.  In the event that you are able, planting window boxes in Spring beneath your kitchen windows tends to be quite helpful during the Summer months.  What a wonderful place for an herb garden!  A snippet here, a snippet there, and the wonderful addition of a culinary aroma...  

Along with your household chores, please do not forget to take time to meditate about what a Radiating Spirit means to you.  Clearing away negativity to make room for positive changes, both internally and externally, will help keep you rooted in your ultimate goal of Enlightenment. 

Happy Sunday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment