Monday, August 13, 2012

Reflection


Because Monday's association is the Moon, it is only fitting that your household chores are centered around activities that allow you to not only Reflect, but also allow you to hone your skills in Intuition.  At a very basic level, we first see our reflection in a mirror.  Therefore, I always make a priority in cleaning all the mirrors throughout the house, giving special attention to wiping away negativity and infusing an intention of unconditional acceptance.  One way you can make this project even more magickal is by adding a couple drops of essential oil into your cleaning solution.  Rosemary is always a nice touch, as it allows for purification of a space, while Lemon Verbena aids in clearing away old patterns and energy.  There are many wonderful choices to choose from, so be sure to experiment. 

A good dusting and polishing is also on my list for the day, as releasing stagnant energy and conjuring circulation is high on a Wiccan priority list.  Be sure not to forget ceiling fan blades, as you would hate to clear the space of dust only to recirculate it once the fan is turned on.  Saging corners and doorways acts to not only protect the space, but also to purify and rededicate the space to be open to Peace and Love.

Although taking baths is not really my cup of tea (I am a Fire Sign, after all), I am sure to draw myself a relaxing bath on Mondays.  By cleaning the bathtub earlier in the day, I set myself up for a wonderful evening of reflection and relaxation before retiring to bed.  Lighting candles, sprinkling rose petals and playing soft music all helps to aide in the meditation process of Self Love and Acceptance.  Also, be sure to pay special attention to dreams on Mondays, as dreamwork and astral travel are most prominent on this day.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I got straight up and cleaned my mirrors. I'll have to work on more than that after work. I'm quite lazy when it comes to housework during the week!

    ReplyDelete