Monday, April 23, 2012

My Prized Perennial


Earth Day...... The mere utterance of the words makes a Hedge Witch like me long to dig her weathered hands in the dirt.  Although I firmly believe in Every Day being treated as Earth Day, I would never pass up an opportunity to Plant with Purpose.  Sadly, the weather was not cooperative yesterday for actual planting; however, I was able to delight in the yearly tradition of picking My Prized Perennial.  As I slowly strolled through the local Farmer's Market for the perfect fit, the tiny sparkling of morning dew on a Dwarf Lady's Mantle caught my eye.  Ohhh... the admiration. 

It suddenly occurred to me that while I often work with dried herbs and plants during Spellcraft, Lady's Mantle has a timeless magick all it's own.  Their fuzzy leaves have been said to allow for the morning dew to be collected so that the woodland fairies can take a sip, helping them stay young and vibrant forever.  In turn, if one were to collect the dew in a glass vial, they could then use it to apply to their face and around their eyes, helping balance their complexion and securing their youth.  Hmmm.  I clearly don't need my crystal ball to see that a new addition will soon be added to my morning routine.  Perhaps, I will even be rewarded by those wise little fairies for planting such a gem....and will finally get my gate keys back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment